Meals and food
- The Mistawasis Daycare Centre provides breakfast, hot lunch, and morning and afternoon snacks.
- We employ a cook who follows a preplanned, approved menu. This menu is posted on the main bulletin board.
- Parents are asked to discuss a child’s special diet with the coordinator.
- Please do not bring food from home for your child(ren). Any food for special occasions will be arranged through the Mistawasis Daycare Centre.
- Parents are welcome to meal times, however, must provide their own lunch.
Quiet / nap time
- Children in the Mistawasis Daycare Centre rest from 12:30p.m . to 2:45p.m. each day
- Individual cots will be provided.
- Children must have their completed medical form upon registering at the Mistawasis Daycare Centre.
- Incidence of communicable disease will be posted in the Mistawasis Daycare Centre and health regulations will be followed.
- Parents will be notified if their child(ren) shows any signs of illness and will be required to take their child home. ( vomiting, high fever, diarrhea, etc.)
- The centers RN for consultation is Lyndon Tieszon. 466-4800 Ext.# 261
- It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to make alternate arrangements for your child if he/she is to sick to remain at the centre.
- Only prescription medication will be administered at the Mistawasis Daycare Centre. Parents must complete a medication form.
- The Mistawasis Daycare Centre closes at 4:45p.m.
- Effective January 17, 2007 a $20.00 late pick-up fee will be added to monthly daycare fees.
- Late pick-ups may result in the child’s dismissal from the Mistawasis Daycare Centre. Four late pick-ups after 5:00p.m. will result in the dismissal of your child(ren).
- Remember it is your responsibility as a parent/guardian to make alternate arrangements beforehand.
- Parents are responsible for the full daycare monthly fees and must sign the documentation for the daycare fee as well as any accumulated late fees to be deducted from their salary or training allowance.
- Sign your child(ren) in and out daily.
- Sign the attendance sheet at the end of every month.
- Attend the parent meetings at the Mistawasis Daycare Centre. Dates and times will be posted.
- Volunteer your time and skills when necessary.
- Provide a change of clothes for your child(ren) to be kept in your child( ren) locker.
- Clean out your child(ren)’s locker each Friday.
- Provide the Mistawasis Daycare Centre with a small blanket, toothbrush, disposable diapers, infant formulas, bottles, and footwear (dependant upon age of child).
- Wash your child(ren)’s blanket each Friday and return the following day.
- First Child $200.00/per month
- Second Child $100.00/per month
- Third Child $50.00/per month
- Part-Time $100.00/per month
The needs of the children will be given the highest priority. The Mistawasis Daycare Centre implements a developmentally appropriate early childhood program which builds a child’s sense of identity, self-confidence, and self-worth. It also develops responsibility in children by offering choices and respecting in their decision making skills. The Mistawasis Daycare Centre is seen as the extension of the home environment. It reaffirms the importance of family and strives to provide a secure environment where children can grow socially, emotionally, physically, intellectually, linguistically, culturally, and spiritually.
To provide the best possible care and education to the children enrolled in the Mistawasis Daycare Centre by promoting all aspects of their physical, emotional, spiritual, and mental development.
- To work cooperatively together to meet all the developmental areas of the children through planning and implementing various activities and positively interacting with the children on an ongoing basis.
- To work as a team being supportive to another staff member, realizing that we are all dependant on one another and realizing all staff need positive support and feedback from one another.
- To appreciate each others talents, capabilities and various levels of training and experience each staff member bring with them to daycare.
- For staff to present themselves in a professional manner respecting the confidential nature of information obtained regarding the children, parents, and other staff members.
- To have an open door policy in which the parents and family can approach the staff at any time with their concerns about their children or the Mistawasis Daycare Centre. This is important in maintaining a healthy and pleasant atmosphere for the children, parents, and staff.
The Mistawasis Daycare Centre operates in accordance with the Saskatchewan First Nations Child Care Policies and Regulations
- The Mistawasis Daycare Centre offers a daily balance of active/quiet, indoor/outdoor, and individual/group activities which are developmentally appropriate and are child initiated.
- The Mistawasis Daycare Centers programs are flexible to allow for a child’s individual needs in areas of physical growth, language growth, emotional maturity, and social skills.
- Children learn through active exploration in fine and gross motor skills, language arts, music, dramatic play, arts and crafts, science activities, field trips, special events, and resource persons.
- The Mistawasis Daycare Centre cares for children newborn to six years of age.
- The Mistawasis Daycare Centre is open Monday to Friday from 8:00a.m. to 4:45p.m.
- The Mistawasis Daycare Centre will be closed on statuary holidays and other days as specified by the Chief and Council of the Mistawasis First Nation.